Dec 8, 2021
On this week’s episode of The Walk Humbly Podcast:
- The Supreme Court is deliberating a Mississippi law that bans
most abortions after 15 weeks, a case that pro-life advocates hope
will result in a legal win for the unborn. Bishop Burbidge’s
thoughts on the case.
- Fairfax County Public Schools recently voted unanimously to
retain two books that have been challenged by parents because of
their graphic sexual content.
- Did you know the Cathedral of St. Thomas More was not
originally built as a cathedral? The parish of St. Thomas More,
which later was designated the cathedral of the newly formed
Diocese of Arlington, is celebrating its 60th anniversary!
- Bishop Burbidge returns from visiting diocesan seminarians in
Rome — hear his thoughts on the visit and how our seminarians are
Bishop Burbidge also answers these questions from the
- Given rising challenges to religious liberty, what can local
Knights of Columbus in the diocese do to help protect religious
liberty and be more public and active in this space?
- Do you maintain any Advent or Christmas traditions from
when you were a child?